Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 4: Hamburg – Hirtshals

My Hamburg CS host Marcus had shown me a good place to hitchhike towards the north. (It was a very busy road and many cars were driving by but none were willing to stop apparently.


After about an hour I encountered another hitchhiker wanting to hitch at the same spot and going to the same direction.
 I wrote a sign with a closer direction (Kiel), thinking I would find a ride faster that way but she had made one for all the way to Flensburg, near the Danish border.
We ended up using her sign and had a ride after 20 minutes.

It was a man on his way to his daughter who was on school holiday. Of the rest of the conversation I didn’t understand much because they were talking among themselves in German.
He drove us to a road which was going to the direction of Flensburg.
There both she and I hitchhiked further into the center of the city. We had to wait for about 20 and 30 minutes.

It was a man ad his young son. The little guy wanted to practice his English so we spoke a bit about my trip.
After arriving Connie, the other hitchhiker, showed me the way to a bus which was going to a place right over the Danish border.

Arriving there I found a ride quite fast. It was a Polish guy who lived in Germany who was on his way to his job in Denmark. He told me that he picked up hitchhikers any chance he got so he could repay the price of hitchhiking himself when he was younger.
He drove me all the way to Haderslev.
Busy street in Haderslev, morning I left

No comments:

Post a Comment