Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 6 bis: Hirtshals

I walked around in the town and spent some time on the beach.
Fiskefest in Hirtshals

A view of the beach from where I sat

Alcohol for the Norwegians in a local Aldi

In the evening I ate something at a local diner thing and went looking for a place to put up my tent. There was a camping place nearby so I went and checked out what it would cost to camp legally.
It costs 20€ for one person for one night for an itty bity tent… What a fucking rip off.

I went looking for alternatives. One thing I thought of was putting up my tent in a nearby forest, but first I asked around a bit to see if it was possible to put it up in someone’s garden.
Luckily, third time was the charm and I found a Danish woman who could speak Dutch because she does a lot of her business with Belgians (selling Fish)
There were a few children playing in the yard and I could try out some of my Norwegian on them.
The family was very generous, giving me a few soda cans and offering dinner (but I already ate, as said before)

No comments:

Post a Comment