Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 7: Hirtshals – Kristiansand

The next morning I left for the ferry check in. After 2 hours of waiting I could board the boat. Nothing very Interesting happened, I mainly used the time to write in my journal and to type it over on the pc.
I noticed 2 Belgian families on the ferry.

Arriving at the ferry
After getting off in Kristiansand I met with Fredrik, an internet buddy who I’ve known for 6 years but never met in real life before.
After dropping off my stuff at his place we went to the supermarket to buy some food.
People in Denmark were saying stuff was expensive in their shops, but that’s nothing compared to Norway.
A 0.5L bottle of cola costs 2.5€, a liter of gasoline 20NOK, also about 2.5€
After getting back home I started putting the blog posts online.

I didn't find a CouchSurfing host for Stavanger so next week I'll be sleeping solely in my tent. This also means I'll have trouble recharging my laptop and cellphone and won't be able to post blog posts.
I still need to find a solution for the electricity problem...
All of the photos up till now can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeroen,

    I've visited a lot of campings last year with a tent (I traveled the south of France) and on all of them I had electricity on the place where my tent was if I paid 5 or 10 euros.
    So if you plan on visiting a camping to set up your tent it your electricity-problem is solved. You also have showers and water there so that could come in handy as well.
    If you're planning on wild camping however, I guess you won't have any electricity.:p

    enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm staying over at a friends place here :)
    Didn't want to inconvenience her parents, that's why I went for the tent first.

    But thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete